DKSH (also known as DiethelmKellerSiberHegner) is the leading Market Expansion Services provider for companies who want to grow their business in Singapore – utilising DKSH’s capillary distribution network of retailers and marketplaces. Armed with deep local market know-how and expertise, as well as its extensive supply chain network of unique size and depth to expand and grow brands’ presences, DKSH distributes a range of consumer goods, healthcare & pharmaceutical products, performance materials and specialised machinery & equipment.
When DKSH approached Clickr, they had just taken over the sales distribution of three of Sanofi flagship over-the-counter brands:
- Lactacyd range of feminine hygiene products
- Dulcolax provides effective constipation relief¹
- Telfast provides fast*⁴, non-drowsy rhinitis relief²⁻³.
The challenges were:
- To establish brand awareness in Singapore with localisation for better engagement
- To build a new localised social media presence for these three products and build a loyal community & following in Singapore from scratch – despite the established regional social platforms still being live
- To develop a preference for Dulcolax, Lactacyd and Telfast in a market where consumers may have developed a long-standing preference for ‘household names’ that they have grown up with
- To drive conversions on marketplaces and third party e-commerce websites like Shopee, Lazada, Guardian and Watsons without a brand website
- To accurately attribute e-commerce sales to paid marketing efforts despite varied standards of tracking implementation across these sales channels
1: Kamm et al. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 9(7):577-583.
2: TELFAST [Package Insert dated Jan 2021] Singapore. Opella Healthcare Singapore Pte Ltd, 2022. Accessed on 30 Sep 2022.
3: Howarth et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1999. Double-blind, placebo controlled study comparing the efficacy and safety of fexofenadine and cetirizine in seasonal allergic rhinitis
4: James H et al. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1997. Onset of action, efficacy, and safety of a single dose of fexofenadine hydrochloride for ragweed allergy using an environmental exposure unit.
For the average consumer, over-the-counter pharmaceutical products are relatively homogenous, irrespective of the brand – unless they have developed a preference for brands that they used growing up.
To impress a memorable, differentiated brand identity for each brand in the minds of audiences, we needed to step away from the competition, keep the fun element in content, and build on the core content that has resonated with consumers.
Each piece of content we create for Lactacyd, Telfast and Dulcolax is audience-centric – incorporating relatable or local visual elements and references to resonate better with audiences.
Scenario-based content that plays on the root issue that the potential product users would encounter is , we used that focused on real-life scenarios, including office and household environments. Content to push E-commerce sales is taken a step further – compelling audiences to take action and convert. We use a data-driven approach to establishing the visual directions for Lactacyd, Telfast and Dulcolax – optimising our designs over time based on metrics, favouring design styles that gather more positive feedback, interactions and engagement over time.