The Google +1 button has officially made it to Singapore. As you would have noticed, the button has started to appear on Google Search results, Google Ads & other Google +1 partnering sites.
Here’s just a short and simple description of its purpose, explained by Google: “The +1 button is shorthand for “this is pretty cool” or “you should check this out” and it puts the right recommendations right when you want them – in your Search Results”.
Watch how easy it is to recommend something – all you have to do is click +1 on a webpage or ad you find useful.
Google +1 Button
It takes just 1 easy step to getting Google +1 appear on your Google Search:
- Make sure that you already have your public Google Profile. With it being public, your profile is visible to everyone & whoever who has connections to your email address, including:
- People in your Gmail (or Google Talk) chat list.
- People in your Google Contacts
- People that you’re following in Google Reader & Google Buz
However, you have the flexibility of controlling who sees your +1’s on your profile by adding or removing them from the groups in which they’re included.
Another exciting feature of Google +1 is the fact that it allows advertisers to enable the +1 button on Google ads too. Google emphasized that this does not change the way Quality Score is calculated, though it may affect the calculation of an Organic Search Ranking.
Apart from that, Google is also working on a +1 button that can be placed on pages too to ease recommendations of your site on Google Search. Do check out the +1 Webmaster site for more details & updates on how to include the Google +1 button into your website!
So, what do you think of +1? Feel free to comment, or contact us to find out more about pay-per-click advertising!
Its the end of the week! We’ve been really busy the past weeks from…………
Packing & Shifting!!!
Nic hard at work, taping the boxes!
Tables cleared within an hour. We are really an efficient team alright!
Yup, you would’ve guessed it! Clickr Media has moved from iHub to a new cozy location at 65B Tanjong Pagar Road! With good food found almost at every corner of Tanjong Pagar, we really need to find a new route for our weekly running sessions as a team!
*oops! Do give us a moment to clean up the mess from the renovation works…*
& there you go,
Welcome to Clickr Media @ Tanjong Pagar Road!
We’re still in the midst of beautifying the Meeting Room at the Attic! More photos will be up soon, so stay tuned!
How’s everyone feeling this week? Its been a exciting week at Clickr, with pool gaming and delicious Philippines food. We also spent time discussing on important topics such as, “Which Smart Cover color would you be getting?”
Yeah. I can't decide either.
In between debates on which iPad and cover to get, here’s our following favorites of the week:
No tweets at #RoyalWedding
Sure, it’s the grandest wedding held, however tweets won’t be allowed during the wedding itself, for the sake of security. What do you think, would you want to have guess tweeting about your wedding?
Could Apple be launching an iCloud?
Apple fans would salivate at this, having all your music available and online anytime, anywhere.
Delicious get bought over by YouTube
There’s something simple and “old-school” about Delicious, fortunately there’s life left in it after Yahoo! decided to give it up. Looking forward to see how this works out!
That’s all for the week. Have a good one and here’s looking forward to a new month ahead!
Happy Good Friday everyone! I love 4-day work week! Well, who doesn’t anyway?
All of us have been working (and eating) hard in our cozy (and chilly) office plus, at the same time, making it a point to get down to some physical workouts and sweating it out during our weekly run. What better way to keep the team spirit up than to work and play hard together.
Run, Clickr, Run!
Let’s take it easy this long weekend and take a look at our favourites of the week:
Facebook Celebrates One Year of the Like Button
Say “Happy Birthday” to Facebook’s Like button for turning one!
The Future of Geolocation: What is Coming?
As geolocation is slowly taking the center stage and evolving in the mobile arena since Foursquare, what does it take to keep users interested and continue checking in?
Facebook Questions: Is it Just a Senseless Census?
Is Facebook Questions making enough $ense as a tool for brands and business?
iPhone 5 in the Wild?
While some of us here are waiting for the arrival of iPad 2 in Singapore, rumour has it that iPhone 5 may already be in the hands of developers after words of it to be shipping in Septmenber. We shall see.
Damn You Auto Correct!
Have you ever encountered embarrassing moments when your iPhone’s auto-correction decides to substitute your word for another, making the point you wanted to get across totally out? Check out this website for a good laugh at some of the funniest auto-correction blunders!
Have a goodie-good weekend and Happy Easter Day in advance!
It’s a nice breezy Friday, hope its been an interesting week for everyone!
Over at Clickr, its been a week of various highlights. A pair of new Macbook Airs in office (lucky!), an insightful digital marketing conference attended (thanks AsiaOne!), and some office shifting plans in store. Stay tuned to the Clickr Blog to find out more of these events!
In the meantime, here are some of our favorites of the week:
Google +1: What Does it Mean for Search Marketing?
With higher social cues come higher click-through rate (CTR)?
Google +1: Death of Facebook Like?
Jumping onto the social bandwagon, will Google +1 take over Facebook Likes?
The Difference Between Web Reporting and Web Analysis
I believe you’d see nothing short of tables, rows, pie charts, statistics and loads of words in your campaign reports. Find out what differentiates web analysis report from web reporting.
Collecting Facebook Fans is No Longer Enough
Harness the value of your social media fans or risk being left behind in this rat race.
Lucky 13: A Macbook Air Review
A review on why the 13-inch model seemed like a better compromise between size and speed of all the Macs.
Have a good weekend everyone!
You! Come join us and be part of the Clickr family. We are looking for creative Web designers and Search Engine Optimisation experts.
- Conceptualize and design aesthetically pleasing websites, easy to browse with clear presentation of information.
- Design and create compelling Facebook pages and tabs that communicate a product or brand in a smaller space.
- Design advertising banners that match an advertiser’s website or brand in terms of visual look & feel, graphics, styles, navigation and layout.
- Communicate and oversee the consistency of website designs.
- Work with Development Team to facilitate and implement creative designs.
- Good communicator.
- Creative thinking yet pay great attention to details and user experience.
- Bonus if you can produce designs in valid XHTML and CSS.
- Bonus if you have experience with Adobe Flash.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum diploma in Design, IT, Advertising, Business, Marketing or Communications.
- 3 years experience in a similar role is preferred. However, fresh graduates with a strong portfolio are also welcome to apply.
Online Marketing Executive (SEO)
- Planning of objectives and execution of SEO campaigns
- Keyword research
- Competitive and market analysis
- Website audit for SEO problems
- Content development and optimisation
- Link building strategies and execution
- Reporting and analysis
- Good written English
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communicator
- Creative thinking
- Bonus if candidate is able to take on the web developer role in fixing SEO problems
- Bonus if candidate has prior paid search campaign management experience
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum diploma in IT, Advertising, Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Understanding of search engine crawling, indexing and ranking algorithms.
- Fundamental knowledge in the technologies (HTML, PHP, Apache, etc.) powering a website
- Experience with SEO tools, Google Analytics and other web analytics tools.
Interested candidates, please email detailed resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Only Singaporeans and PRs may need to apply.
If you fit the criteria, feel free to apply and we will be in touch soon to discuss more. Good luck!
Its been a while huh?
The Clickr team has been busy, both in handling all our current work as well as in building and expanding our team. With all of that going on, our blog has been all quiet and alone in the past months.
To get back in the blogging action, here’s our weekly posting of Friday Favorites, where we check out the news and articles in the past week and highlight the interesting ones which we would like to share with everyone.
Email Marketing – Best Practices
Preparing for email marketing campaigns? Here’s some useful tips to keep in mind.
Mozilla celebrates Firefox 4 – with real firefox cubs!
Everything you need to know about Google +1
Short and sweet Q&As on your questions about Google +1. Will this be a game changer for search engine optimisation and advertising? Only time will tell.
Singapore gets iPad 2 in April
Probably the hottest topic going around in our Clickr office at the moment. Are you planning to get one?
Stay tuned every Friday for more Weekly Favorites to start your weekend.
Cheers and TGIF!